Mocha Block Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

NEW MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty NEW MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  BrandtBennett Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:40 pm

As you all know tomorrow is the full release. If yous have any seed you want me to check out post them so i can test them.

BrandtBennett
Admin

https://mochablock.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NEW MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: NEW MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Aliphim Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:40 pm

Hmm I don't have any seeds to offer as a suggestion, but I was wanting to ask about security mods.

I've been checking on the PreciousStones page at bukkit and dev.bukkit. The thread on bukkit.org has been locked since October 26 since Phaed announced that he was quitting Minecraft and no longer working on it, but the PreciousStones page on Bukkitdev.. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/preciousstones/.. says it was last updated 5 days ago.. which is a good thing I think. Under the "Authors" tab, it lists Phaed but also lists 2 other people as maintainers, so hopefully they will keep it up to date with whatever version of Minecraft there is. I really like PreciousStones cause it's so easy to use and it's something everyone can do for themselves, rather than bugging a mod or admin to help.

Hmm.. I was wanting to get your opinion on a chest security mod called LWC, but after looking into it, it doesn't look too promising because the author is inactive. I'm not trying to imply that the chest security mod that you have right now is shitty in any way, I just wanted to ask about LWC because it allows the owner of a locked chest to give other people permission to open it. So it might be good for small groups of friends. It can also lock double chests, which is just a minor convenience. But yea, it doesn't look too promising due to the author not posting since September.

Well that's all I really wanted to ask about for the moment. Thanks for reading and see you later.
Aliphim
Aliphim

Back to top Go down

Post  BrandtBennett Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:33 pm

yea i saw, ive played with phead hes a good and smart guy. he made the plug in somewhat basic so it should run on just about every version even not updated because the blocks that we use dont change. As for LWC im familiar with it, its just that me and dennis thought the simple lock mod was better because it was less for ppl to learn since we are suppose to be vanilla and most ppl joined because they didnt have a book of mods to read and learn.

BrandtBennett
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aliphim Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Hmm that makes sense. I love vanilla more than anything, and it's not too difficult to divvy up stuff between friends and keep in seperate chests. Now that I think about it, it's still possible for a group of friends to share a secure chest if the chest is inside a diamond/lapis field that multiple people are allowed to build in and a block is placed on top of the chest.

As for seeds.. I've been looking around for about an hour now. I've created some worlds myself and looked at forums and youtube.. there's some cool stuff out there but as far as my vote goes, I'm pretty much happy with any world that isn't 90% ocean. I saw this one seed that people had to go way out to -3000 to find an island, and it only had one tree on it lol. So really I'm happy with whatever.
Aliphim
Aliphim

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenium729 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:35 pm

hey guys its me, sorry been mia , been busy and schedule conflicts and what not but i will be on soon. miss you all, yeah even you too brandt Razz muahahaha
Xenium729
Xenium729

Back to top Go down

Post  Aliphim Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:58 am

Ok I know I said I didn't care what type of world you choose, and that is still the case, but I just wanted to share this last minute seed.

This is the seed (Keep in mind I'm REALLY tired right now): "what what in the butt" without the quotes.

This is pretty nice looking so far.. it's got a decent balance of stuff.. spawn is close to 0,0.. nice coastal areas, lakes with lots of clay, some land thats relatively flat, swamps, deserts, but my most favorite thing about it are the mountains. Going to x -200, z 200, there are tons of mountains all over the place. Found some more at x -500, z -500. Saw an NPC village while flying around too but can't remember the coords.

Anyway just wanted to say what what in the butt

I really love that video

oooooook I'm really tired going to go sleep now.
Aliphim
Aliphim

Back to top Go down

Post  BrandtBennett Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:56 am

looks good to me

BrandtBennett
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jawn Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Seed: McPotato

no, rlly.

EDIT: I think we should use the seed "Minecraft1.0" without the quotes because you spawn on a village

Jawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum